[Gmsh] Merging Surfaces

Jean-Francois Remacle jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Fri Aug 7 08:49:05 CEST 2009

Le 05-août-09 à 19:54, David Colignon a écrit :

> Mike B. wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> I generate a set of surfaces (patches) which together define a
>> closed shell and then use a surface loop to define the closed shell.
>> Meshing this setup creates a separate mesh for each surface
>> (patch). How can I make Gmsh:
>> a)  `glue' all these `patches' together and treat them as a single
>> surface?
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> AFAIK, it is not possible in Gmsh.

There is a new experimental feature in GMSH called compound surfaces.

I you aim at meshing together patches 10 and 11, add to your file

Compound Surface(1000) = {10,11} Boundary {{},{},{},{}};

The syntax is still flaky, yet it should produce both a mesh for your
patches and for the compound (use gmsh -saveall in order to have
all the elements in the final file).

Here is a small example of a multiple patch reparametrization.

Not that the stuff works also for edges and volumes.

JFR

Compound edges exist too !