[Gmsh] Questions about gmsh-2.4.1 building from sources

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Sep 3 19:12:36 CEST 2009

Etienne Lorriaux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm packaging the last gmsh release for Gentoo/Linux and I've noticed
> some points I'd like to clarify.
>
> When enabling the OCC_MESH_CONSTAINTS function, the build failed because
> of missing headers:
> * MeshGmsh_Constrain.hxx
> * MeshGmsh_VertexConstrain.hxx
> * MeshGmsh_EdgeConstrain.hxx
> I know it's an experimental feature, but it was compiling fine in the
> 2.3.1 version. So I don't know if this feature has been volontarly
> removed or if it's an omission.

Hi Etienne - the OCC_MESH_CONSTRAINTS option should somehow be marked as
"private" (do you know how to do it?). It's not a general option that
you can use: it requires external thrid-party (closed) software.

> The pdf files are not generated although the texi2pdf tool is correctly
> detected by cmake. The Makefile in the texinfo directory is missing, so
> i don't know how to generate pdfs.

Did you type "make pdf"? (If you did, what does the cmake log say when
it checked for texi2pdf?)