[Gmsh] Gmsh 2.4.0/2.4.1 freeze on windows

Ludovic.Ricard at csiro.au Ludovic.Ricard at csiro.au
Mon Sep 21 10:50:58 CEST 2009

All fine. Works perfectly here.

Thanks a lot.
Ludo

-----Original Message-----
From: Christophe Geuzaine [mailto:cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be]
Sent: Monday, 21 September 2009 2:10 PM
To: Ricard, Ludovic (CPR, Kensington)
Cc: gmsh at geuz.org; Pflug, Andreas
Subject: Re: [Gmsh] Gmsh 2.4.0/2.4.1 freeze on windows

Ludovic.Ricard at csiro.au wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am experiencing a bug using gmsh.
> In here, Gmsh is use by quite a few people and they didn't experience
> this bug before.
>
> OS: Windows XP SP3
> Gmsh version tested:
> 2.0.0 no problem.
> 2.1.0 no problem.
> 2.2.0 no problem.
> 2.3.0 no problem.
> 2.3.1 no problem.
> 2.4.0 problem.
> 2.4.1 problem.
>
> I did download the binaries files and unzip them in my computer.
>
> Ok now what exactly happen:
> Please find attached the geo file I used (it's the beginning of tutotial 1).
> When at the stage of the Planar surface, Gmsh 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 just
> freeze. 100% is in use but nothing happen. It was working the very first
> time but since then, no. Of course, no error files generated.
>
> My though is that a temporary file is not deleted somewhere but can't
> find it. This bug does not happen or earlier version to 2.4.0.

We had a similar problem with our 2.4.0 Linux build, which was caused by
linking to the reference lapack lib compiled with optimization.

I've relinked yesterday's nightly build with an unoptimized lapack lib:
does it make any difference ?

   http://geuz.org/gmsh/bin/Windows/gmsh-nightly-Windows.zip

CC:ing Andreas, who experienced a similar problem.