[Gmsh] cut high order postprocessing views

Marcus Drosson m.drosson at ulg.ac.be
Fri Oct 2 14:33:32 CEST 2009

Dear all,

is there any way to use the "adapt visualization grid" without the GUI?
I have defined a gmsh script, which cuts the solution field at a given
section and exports the result as a raw text file. The postprocessing
view is composed of high order polynomials.
My problem: when I run the script, the cut section contains only a few
points, corresponding to the initial grid. When I use the GUI to first
adapt the visualization grid and then run "cut plane" from the GUI, a
much better representation is obtained. (I am particularly interested in
the gradient close to the wall. That's why one of the reasons why I need
to adapt the grid.)
As I have to do the same operation many times, I really would like to
use a script.

Thanks in advance
Marcus

--