[Gmsh] Bug report in gmsh 2.4.2

Patrick Farrell patrick.farrell06 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Oct 6 11:58:32 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 09:30:10AM +0100, David Colignon wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> this is disturbing...
>
> can you try it with the precompiled binary from our website ( http://geuz.org/gmsh/bin/Linux/gmsh-2.4.2-Linux.tgz ) ?

That works.

> And can you recompile your version without optimization flags ?

Sorry to be a pain, but can you explain how to compile without it?
Previously, I just took the debian package from unstable and compiled
it on my ubuntu machine. I took a quick look, but I couldn't convince
cmake to not add -O2 to the command line. Is there any documentation
on how to build gmsh?

Even if it works when compiled in a different manner, there might
still be a bug; it's just it happens to be overwriting memory
which isn't used later, or something else is different so that
it doesn't have any visible effects.

Cheerio

Patrick