[Gmsh] mesh optimization loops

Alexandru Cabuz alexcabuz3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:32:37 CEST 2009

Hello,

This is my first post to this list, so hello everyone.

I am just getting started with getdp and gmsh, so be warned that even though
I do my best to search the docs and the archives, some of the questions may
be silly.

My question concerns mesh optimization. Suppose I want to mesh a very thin
long wire, and the mesh that gets generated contains very low quality
elements. But I can't just decrease element size brutally, because I will
run out of memory. I want to make a loop where I gradually decrease element
size with every pass, until a given element quality is achieved with as
little memory as possible.

Is such a loop possible in gmsh?

I ask because the doc says that there is no mesh command in the script, you
have to actually run the program externally, and look at the results
externally. Then modify the script to lower element size, then run it again,
manually.

Is there no way to do all of this within the script?

Thank you.

--
Alexandru I. Cabuz
Tel: +33 (0)6.70.70.46.41

--- Please no Word or Powerpoint attachments.
Send plain text, rich text format, html, or pdf instead.