[Gmsh] ** On entry to DGESVD parameter number 6 had an illegal value

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Mon Oct 19 11:56:29 CEST 2009

Hi Adam,

yes, it is a tolerance problem and points which are too close are automatically merged.
You can modify the tolerance on the command line with:

gmsh Naca.geo -tol 1e-9

or add in you .geo file:

Geometry.Tolerance = 1e-9 ;

You could also use a fixed number of points and join them with splines.
I attach one example, and there are others examples on the mailing-list:

http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2009/004661.html

http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2009/004532.html

Cheers,

Dave