[Gmsh] lib compilation for API

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Tue Oct 20 21:58:08 CEST 2009

jose.sancho wrote:
> Dear Christophe,
>
> We are very interested on the use of the Gmsh API as shown in the utils
> folder.
>
> The problem is we need to compile the Gmsh libs  in our platforms,
> Macosx and Windows ( using Dev-cpp not MSVC).
>
> With Macosx we have no problem as we remove the restriction in
> cmakelists.txt to build the shared and static library in the source
> distribution.

I don't understand what you mean: to build the static library type "make
lib"; to build the shared library type "make shared".

> The nightmare is of course in Windows. Lots of not found packages. Would
> it be possible please to have the precompiled lib for windows?

Which external packages do you really need? For the basic library the
only dependencies are blas and lapack (you can safely turn off
everything else). And I think you should be able to use the blas.lib and
lapack.lib from the package Dave pointed to with Dev-cpp.