[Gmsh] RE : stl and prism extrusion

Hoessler, Julien julien.hoessler06 at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Dec 12 14:18:20 CET 2009

Hi David,
Thanks for the quick answer. The stl importation crashes with the stl file or a msh file obtained from the stl, but I guess that's because my stl is too fine (214K elements), I'll try again with a coarser mesh. As far as the prism extrusion is concerned,it works well and after recombining, the prism look perfectly fine on a curved surface, except that I get errors telling me that the prisms are degenerated. Is it an unnecessary warning or should I be worried?
I also have a bonus question if you don't mind. When I generate the extrusion of the surfaces and put them on a list surf[], is it possible to access the edges and vertices of the top surfaces to define the volume above? I could extrude the edges and vertices too but it would mean that some entities would be duplicated.
Best regards
Julien