[Gmsh] Re : Problems for creating ruled surfaces belonging to a cylinder

Durufle marc marc_durufle at yahoo.fr
Sun Dec 27 11:00:17 CET 2009

On these pictures, you see the surface of the object after meshing, and it is clearly not a cylinder ...
 Otherwise I checked coordinates of points of the lines obtained by extruding a point (with combined rotation
and translation), they are not on the cylinder too, so probably a first step would be to specify directly spline with more than
 5 points in order to have curves on the cylinder, and probably split the surfaces into small patches of ruled surfaces that would
 generate a better approximation of the cylinder. Well, I will try Salome, I hope that Gmsh correctly exploits the CAD informations in order to generate the curved mesh.
Thanks for your comments.