[Gmsh] Problems with the transfinite Algo

Henning.Scheufler at dlr.de Henning.Scheufler at dlr.de
Fri Feb 12 17:29:39 CET 2010

Hi everybody, <<TestCubeWorking.geo>>  <<TestCubeNOTWorking.geo>>

I have a problem creating a 3d-Mesh with the Transfinite Volume
algorithms. To explain the Problem I made two Cubes. The only difference
between the Cubes is that the two points have other numbers.
(In CubeNOTWorking Point 7 and 8 are swapped.) Because of this i had to
change all the arguments of the line command and in the transfinite
surface command i had to change 2 points.
As you can see, if you load the TestCubeNOTWorking.geo, you can't create
a 3d-mesh because the surfaces are incompatible. But the 2d Surface
seems to be correct. I have really no idea why this isn't working I
checked it
a million times and tried a lot of things.
At the moment I want to create a sphere with gmsh. But I got the Problem
with transfinite volume algorithms. The numbers of the Volume are
written in red.
Volume 1 and 6 is working where as 2,3,4,5 isn't working. if the
transfinite Volume algorithms isn't working, is it possible to solve it
with the extrude command?

Thanks

Henning