[Gmsh] nodes are generated but not used in the tetra mesh

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Mon Mar 22 11:22:53 CET 2010

Dear developers,

A colleague, Alexander from Delft University of Technology, in the CC
list of the mail, came up with sth strange for tetra mesh generation for
a cylindrical geometry. In the attach, you can find the geometry and we
can mesh the structure using

gmsh cylinder.geo -3

But there is a problem in the generated mesh structure, nodes 1 and 7
are not used in the element connectivities, where the allocation of the
system matrices are done with reference to node count and the number of
degrees of freedom. This results in a gap in the element matrices where
problems start to pop up in the eigenvalue computations. The geometry is
attached.

We would appreciate comments on this topic.

Best,
Umut