[Gmsh] Medit file format

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Mon Apr 19 20:02:09 CEST 2010

Hello gmsh community,

  I would like to ask if it is possible to save a 3D mesh generated by
gmsh in medit file format. I have a cube, I set both the faces of the
cube and its volume as physical before saving the mesh as a medit
file. However, when I re-open the saved file with gmsh, I see only 2D
faces of the cube meshed, the 3D elements in the interior of the cube
are missing.
  I found some older posts in the mailing list archive (2007) with the
same question. The reply was 'the support of medit file format is
highly experimental and not recommended to use'. What's the status
today?
  If gmsh cannot save directly correct medit files, does anyone know
of any other way of converting msh -> medit? Thanks for any
ideas/suggestions.

Best regards,

    Martin Vymazal