[Gmsh] Problem with meshing between surfaces

Krupp, Verena v.krupp at fz-juelich.de
Fri Apr 23 13:56:48 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm a new user from Gmsh and I have a problem with meshing a volume between surfaces.

I want to mesh a cylinder filled with spheres, but I need to mesh the volume between the cylinder and the spheres -not the interior of the spheres.

I have tried to adapt the tutorial from dolfyn but it didn't work. There is an error that "the surface mesh not consistent", I realized that this comes from a Volume I created, but I did it the same way as in the tutorial.

http://www.dolfyn.net/dolfyn/gmsh/tutorial07.html

Please have a look at my attached geo.file

I also tried the tutorial 5, but it didn't solve my problem. The mesh is not like I want to have it and also the spheres are meshed.

Thanks in advanced

Verena Krupp

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt