[Gmsh] question about Gmsh

Vitali Koissin vitaly at kth.se
Fri May 7 16:30:58 CEST 2010

Dear,

does Gmsh mesher able to handle a volume penetrated by lines?

(I want to model a composite with randomly oriented straight or curved fibres, as shown in the atached screenshot. To reduce DOFs, it is better to model the fibres as beams. So I wonder if your software could mesh a volume, taking the lines as a sort of internal "semi-singularities''

In my model each end of every line ("fibre") always situates on a facet of the cube ("matrix volume"). In your screenshots I see that Gmsh successfully meshes a volume penetrated by a "tube". But does it work if we put the "tube" radius to be zero, i.e. when the tube degenerates into a line? - This is my case...)

Best regards,
Vitaly

--
Dr. Vitaly KOISSIN

University of Twente
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Production Technology Group
Post box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
[www.pt.ctw.utwente.nl]

Contact:
Phone:  +31-(0)53-489.25.69
Fax: +31-(0)53-489.47.84