[Gmsh] Negative area with MEDIT mesh format 2D.

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Tue Jun 1 01:38:07 CEST 2010

2010/6/1 Philippe Miron <philippe.miron at polymtl.ca>:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm always getting negative area with the MEDIT mesh format. I saw in the
> manual that Gmsh is suppose to do the numbering in the positive way but get
> the opposite with my output file?
> Do I need to script something to fix this or am I doing something wrong?

This could be a symptom of how you define your Line Loops; they should
be counterclockwise for a positive area.  However this is by
convention only, so another possibility is that whatever program is
telling you the area is negative is using the other convention.  I'm
not sure whether the MEDIT program itself reports areas, does it?