[Gmsh] independent meshing of assembly parts

Steffè Walter Walter.Steffe at thalesaleniaspace.com
Tue Jun 1 13:28:54 CEST 2010

Hello

I would like to know if it is possible to use gmsh in the following way:

Let us suppose that I have a collection of brep files describing a set of opencacscade solids.

These parts have been imprinted all together so that adjiacent solids reuse the same faces.

I would like to generate a surface mesh of each solid in an independent run.

May I expert that the geometrical congruence of adjiacent entities will be preserved in the mesh.

I know that gmsh converts the opencascade geometery in an internal geometry before meshing.

Is it a safe to assume that if two opencascade edges (faces) are equal they are converted in identical gmsh edges (faces)

and then in two equal 1D (2D) meshes even in two separate runs ?

Thanks

walter