[Gmsh] 64 Bit version?

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Wed Jun 23 00:45:56 CEST 2010

2010/6/22 Dmitrijs Ledkovs <dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com>:
> On 22 June 2010 01:18, Geordie McBain <gdmcbain at freeshell.org> wrote:
>> v. 2.4.2 is a bit old now.
>
> Isn't it latest stable release?

Oh, yes, I see that 2.4.2 is the current stable version.

> Why trunk is better?

I'm not sure how many users this would affect, but there were a number
of improvements to the export in MEDIT .mesh format that occurred
after 2.4.2 was released.  That's one of my main export formats, since
it's what FreeFem++ reads.

> Is trunk stable?

>From my personal experience, yes, it's been very stable and usable.  I
think only once did I find that the sources after an "svn update" were
not compilable, but that was fixed by the following day, and of course
since I only "make install" after successful compilation, I always had
a working installation of Gmsh on my system.

> How far away is trunk from becoming stable 2.5?

I have to leave this question for others, I'm not involved with the
code development.