[Gmsh] surface reparametrization examples

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 23:22:24 CEST 2010

Dear David,

I thank you very much for your answer.
Yes, I saw this quite very interesting tutorial and now have a deeper look
on it.

* Please, would you give us an advice about the difference between Harmonic
or Conformal mapping in terms maybe of quality and speed? OR in which kind
of cases one is better suited than the other.

* Also, the examples provided are all for stl meshes.
I tried with a quad mesh saved in a *.msh format (the same than I just
posted a while ago), and the message console tells me there is a syntax
error at line 6 of my *.geo file containing the remeshing commands.
However, I am completely unable to find it...
Please do you see what is wrong with these test files?

* Finally, I have a last question: if I understand well, thelogic for
remeshing is to reparametrize a surface before recreating a mesh. Does it
mean that the 'new' mesh is realized on a kind of 'B-spline surfaces' (which
would be the reparametrized surface)?
If yes, is it possible to save this re-created surface in brep or step?

I thank you in advance for your advices and help.
Bests,

Pierre