[Gmsh] Saving MED mesh in Ubuntu

Hansen Michael Michael.Hansen at andritz.com
Thu Jul 22 10:49:49 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm new to GMSH and I have a question about MED files and the Ubnutu
version. I use the GMSH compiled 2.4.2 version proposed by Ubuntu
Software center and I can't find how to save my mesh in MED format. It's
not the same as Medit is it? I also tried to open a MED file (from Code
Aster ; test.resu.med), and got this error: "Gmsh must be compiled with
MED support to read ..."
I read a thread about this being a Debian bug which should be corrected
in this version. Has anybody had a similar problem?

This is in the about:
Version: 2.4.2
Build date: 20091118
Build options: Ann Blas Chaco DIntegration FlTree Fltk Gmm
Have64BitSizeT Jpeg Lapack MathEx NativeFileChooser Netgen OpenCascade
OpenGL Png Zlib

Thank-you for your help, cheers

Meilleures salutations / Best regards

Michael Hansen