[Gmsh] Higher order quadrangular mesh.

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 01:58:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a nice 2-D lattice that I want to discretize using higher order
quadrangles. Since the GUI version does not seem to support p>2, I
work with the command line version (ver:  2.4.2). But it does not
yield correct results. The first and second order meshes work
correctly and display as they should but the higher order meshes are
buggy (the internal nodes per element are incomplete and
inconsistent). I would really appreciate it if you can help me out in
finding the error in the geo file for using higher order
discretizations.

I've attached the geometry file with the mail along with the discrete
mesh for 2nd and 3rd order quads. If you need anything else, do let me
know.

Thank you,
Vijay