[Gmsh] About generating a volume mesh

Samuele Zampini samuele.zampini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 09:27:30 CEST 2010

Hi David,

I tried to follow your advice and the point is:

if I launch gmsh with a GUI and I open the sphere-discrete.geo,
then I can click on the 3D button and I see the 3D mesh. While if
I click again on the 2D button, I see only the surface mesh.

Could I do the same with my .stl surface mesh? Should I wait
until the volume mesh appears? Or, if there's something wrong,
I'll get an error message? Because the geometry I am dealing
with is not simple and it can happen that there is something
wring, can't is??

Thanks again,

Samuele.