[Gmsh] binary file vs text file for post-processing views

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Tue Jan 4 17:28:06 CET 2011

Dear all,

I am trying to visualize some pressure contour on a print head model.

The pressures are scalar values at the nodes, there are 35775 nodes btw,
so the results are the pressure eigenmodes of the print head model
(first 10 modes so that means at least a file with 357750 lines for only
results plus the mesh structure becomes > 357750), however it is
extremely slow(I guess due to the model size) to take a look at
different post-processing views. With this file, I started playing in
text mode, I was wondering creating these input files in binary mode can
make the operations faster or not?

I am not sure once the data is read from the result msh file, that
should not make a difference, I mean that should perhaps only affect the
firing time of the file from the command line.

Best regards,
Umut