[Gmsh] GMSH

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sat Jan 22 14:45:08 CET 2011

On 21/01/11 18:49, claudio wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> my name is Claudio Comis and I am a PhD candidate at the University of
> Padua in Energetics.
> With the present mail, I kindly ask You if You can indicate to me a
> tutorial regarding the boundary layer building (a 3D case) in GMSH
> environment.
> The .geo file would be very helpful, too.

Hi Claudio - the current code for building boundary layers is still
quite unrefined (it only works in 3D, and does not try to solve any of
the "hard" problems, e.g. for handling sharp corners or edges).

To test it just use the standard Extrude command and omit the
translation/rotation arguments altogether. Attached are two small examples.