[Gmsh] Refined Mesh - extraneous nodes

Negi, Ashish ashish.negi at honeywell.com
Wed Feb 9 14:05:02 CET 2011

Hello Everyone,

I meshed a rectangular block using TET (4 noded tetrahedron). Then, I
refined the mesh by calling 'RefineMesh' method. The attached file has
refined mesh data. There are 589 nodes and 2896 elements (2192 TET + 704
line, triangular and point elements). I expected all the 589 nodes be
part of 2192 TET elements. But, only 553 nodes form TET mesh elements.
This means there are some line or triangular elements which are not part
of TET mesh. My FEM solver fails which expects node number till 553 but
there are some TET with node number more than this.

Does anyone know the reason?

Thanks,

Ashish