[Gmsh] 2D refinement around a line

GERALD sophie DSNA/CC sophie.gerald at onera.fr
Thu Mar 10 20:11:54 CET 2011

Good evening,

I work with the "gmsh-2.5.0-Linux" version of your software. By the way,
congratulations for what you are doing!

I am tring to construct a mesh around an object. It is a 2D unstructured
mesh. The file .geo is in attachement and works well.
*First question: Because I impose a number of points on the object, is
the caracteristic mesh size "poids1" working anymore? I mean is the
transfinite command interacting with the caracteristic mesh size command
or is it erasing it? *

Now I would like to make a refinement around line number 104 (x~=0.6).
See: Line(104).
I can not find the best way to do it.* *I have tried:
i- "transfinite command" but "the software" doesn't take care of what is
writting. See: Transfinite Line (104)
ii- "attractor command" but on the "forum on internet" you say that it
is not complety operational.
iii- To redefine a surface. See: Plane Surface(1001). That is to say I
try to refine between x=[0.5,0.7]. But with this way I have two meshes
and no continuity between the interfaces issued from the first mesh and
the second one (I mean I don't want to split my interfaces from the
first mesh in two lines at the connection surfaces!).
*Thus second question is : How is the best way to do what I want: to
make a refinement around line number 104?*

Many thank in advance for your answer.
Best regards,

--
Sophie Gérald