[Gmsh] Exporting Gmsh to MATLAB

Watheq Elias watheqzako at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 23:05:35 CET 2011

Dear Sir,
I am working on solving Schrodinger equation in 3D case. I have found that the Gmsh software is great and easy to use. i was wondering if it is possible to export the mesh generated by using Gmsh to MATLAB. What I need is that an array contains nodes numbers that belong to each element arranged in counterclockwise. in addition to ability to determine the coordinates of the node from its global number. For example. If the matrix T given as follows
T=[ 10    5      11    15
       1      4       7      20
then the row represent the number of element and columns stores the nodes number that belong to a particular element arranged according to the right hand rule.
I will be very gradeful if you kindly help me in this matter.

With best wishes,
Watheq Zako Elias