[Gmsh] Cylindrical model with embedded points (could not find extruded vertex)

Florian M. Wagner florian.wagner at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Apr 20 16:16:31 CEST 2011

Dear gmsh users,

I'd like to set up a cylindrical model consisting of triangular prism
elements, regularly layered in z-direction (using the extrude function).
That has worked fine so far, but as soon as I want to embed particular
points in the mesh, the following error message appears:

/Error: Could not find extruded vertex.../

I tried to translate the points to all layers and recombine them with
the extruded surfaces, but that did not work and there must be a better way.

I highly appreciate your help.
Attached you find the .geo-file and two screenshots showing the result
without the desired embedded points.

Kind regards,

Florian Wagner