[Gmsh] Hide and show entities

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Thu Apr 28 15:09:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a mesh file and want to visualize only selected entities in gmsh.
In the GUI, I can dio that using Tools->Visibiliy and selecting the
entities I want to see. Now I would like to do that automatically at
startup. I have written a small geo file with the following commands:

Merge "Myfile.msh";
Hide "*";
Show { Surface {10}; }

Now the problem is that Surface 10 is not shown, whereas when I write

Merge "Myfile.msh";
Hide { Surface {10,12}; }
Show { Surface {10}; }

surface 12 is hidden, and surface 10 is shown, as well as all the other
surfaces in the file. If I want to see only surface 10 that way, I would
have to list all other surfaces in the Hide command.
Is there another way to hide all entities except one?

Thank you for a hint,

Matthias

ERBE Elektromedizin GmbH
Dr.rer.nat. Matthias Zenker
Dipl. Phys.
Grundlagenentwicklung / Fundamental Development
Waldhoernlestrasse 17
72072 Tuebingen
Germany
Phone + 49 (0) 7071 755 - 226