[Gmsh] can not show time value if element data is smoothed

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Sun May 22 01:42:39 CEST 2011

2011/5/21 mianzhi <wangmianzhi1 at hotmail.com>:
> Hi,
> Many thanks to developers of GMSH. It helps me a lot in generating mesh and
> post-processing.
> Now I have a .msh data file including element data (scaler) at multiple
> time-steps. Because the element data is not automatically interpolated as
> node data, I applied the plug-in "smooth" to make it seems better. However,
> the time value could not be shown properly after the "smooth" is applied.
> Is that possible to smooth the element data while keeping the time value
> correct at the same time?
> I appreciate your reply very much.
>
> Pasted blow is a demonstrative example (modified from the node data example
> in the manual):

Hello. I saved your data as a .msh file and opened it in Gmsh, where I
saw the figure with discontinuous colour and a label "A scalar view
(0/1)" or "A scalar view (1/1)", according to which time-step I'd
advanced to.  Then affected I executed Plugin(Smooth), I saw the same
figure smoothed, but the captions were still there, so I don't
understand what you're missing.  Could you elaborate?