[Gmsh] MSH Format

Serban.Georgescu at uk.fujitsu.com Serban.Georgescu at uk.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 7 22:14:23 CEST 2011

Hi Theodore,

I'm afraid that currently I cannot share the software (internal use only), but the idea is simple.
First I go to the $Nodes section, and read all coordinates. Then I go the $Element section, and for each line I split into tokens.
The first one is the element type, and I only look at tetrahedral  (4 for 1st order tetra and 11 for 2nd order). The rest I ignore.
I read according to the mesh file format:

elm-number elm-type number-of-tags < tag > ... node-number-list

so basically I skip the tags and only read the conenctivity information.

That's about it.

Cheers,
Serban