[Gmsh] Meshing error

Serban.Georgescu at uk.fujitsu.com Serban.Georgescu at uk.fujitsu.com
Fri Jul 8 09:46:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to mesh a STEP file with a very large number of elements.
When the number of elements becomes very large, I get the following errors in 2D meshing:

Error   : Unable to recover an edge 512.198 226.233 && 512.198 225.832 (177/301)

and, a bit after,

Error   : Identical points in triangulation: increase element size or Mesh.RandomFactor

However, the 2D mesh and 3D mesh are both successfully created.
Would it be OK to ignore these errors (as the mesh was successfully created) or is there a possibility that the mesh would be wrong somehow?

Thank you in advance,
Serban

 Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
 Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
 Registered No. 4153469

 This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
 may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
 use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
 e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan does not guarantee that
 it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is virus-free.