[Gmsh] finding problem defining Ruled surface

Osman Amin tanvir_naval at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 12:15:00 CEST 2011

Hello Mr. Artemiev,
Thank you very much for your solution. It worked fine. I am really grateful to you.
If you don't mind I would like to ask you another question, that is - whether it is possible to define Line Loops using Spline/Bspline curves which makes a surface with more than 4 edges. I am willing to make a 3D grid around a NURBS surface (in .igs format) which is made up of several surfaces defined by BSpline curves. I am trying to make those surfaces Transfinite and after making those transfinite I am hoping to extrude those surfaces so that it makes a 3d grid. But I am finding it difficult to define those NURBS surface components into Transfinite surfaces (I am trying to make structured grid).
I am sorry that I had asked a lot. It would really be a great help to me if you give me a clue on this matter.

Thanking you again,
with regards,
Amin