[Gmsh] Fw: problem generating 3D mesh around a body

Jiban Podder podder.jiban at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 07:33:15 CEST 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Jiban Podder <podder.jiban at yahoo.com>
To: "gmsh at geuz.org" <gmsh at geuz.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:08 PM
Subject: problem generating 3D mesh around a body

Hello,
I am having a problem in defining structured grid around a shape of a body. The
body was transported to Gmsh in .igs format. And all the surfaces in the
visibility option of Gmsh is shown to be defined. But when I have transformed
it into the .geo file using Gmsh, the file only contained the splines that
define the boundaries of the surfaces. And also contains line loops constituted
of splines more than 4 of them (at the end of .geo file). So, when I have tried
to make those line loops into ruled surface it didn't work because ruled
surface can only be defined with 3 or 4 lines. As I am willing to make the 3d
grid around the body structured, is there any way to do it?
Another point is when I tried to use .igs format as merged into a separate .geo
file, the points and lines as defined in .igs fomat couldn't be used to make lines or surfaces by Gmsh .
I am attaching the .geo and .igs file with this email. Can anyone please help
me with this problem?

Thanking you in advance,

Sincerely,

Jiban Podder