[Gmsh] Problem subdividing a volume generated through a surface extrusion

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:09:07 CEST 2011

On 08/09/2011 04:59 PM, Christophe Geuzaine wrote:
> Hi Rui - Indeed, you hit a limitation of our "refine by splitting" algorithm--it will correctly put surface points back on the CAD, but not volume points.
>
> To refine your mesh you should introduce a parameter in your .geo file instead to change the number of layers, etc.

Hi,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to look into this issue.  In
August, of all times of the year.

Regarding your suggestion on how to refine a model, I've followed it and
it appears that it works well.  Nice.

So, thanks for the help and thanks for having developed Gmsh.  Kudos!

Best regards,
Rui Maciel