[Gmsh] Gmsh build problem

Warnett, Jason J.M.Warnett at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 13:35:30 CEST 2011

Hello

I've been trying to instal gmsh but struggling since I am on a 64bit system, so must install from source code.

I downloaded the source code, installed cmake and built it. No errors at all. But then I run the make file and it finishes with the following errors

[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/gmsh.dir/contrib/Tetgen/predicates.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable gmsh
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libfltk.a(Fl_Preferences.o): undefined reference to symbol 'dlopen@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'dlopen@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /lib64/libdl.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib64/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [gmsh] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/gmsh.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

So how can I fix this? I assume I need to export something, or add a symbolic link. I am relatively new to linux... so help!

Thanks guys

Jay