[Gmsh] How to create an array from an original view?

蔡园武 yuanwucai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 04:04:44 CEST 2011

Thank you, Dave,
I have followed your answer and successfully get the result.

Because the description of the plugin is not clear in the software and
manuscipt, I want to explain it here in case others may find useful.
The transformation matrix [A11 A12 A13 A21 A22 A23 A31 A32 A33] is used to
deform the view. In default it is an unit matrix so it won't deform.
Tx, Ty, Tz mean Translations in x, y, z, I guess.
SwapOrientation: I didn't try out its function, but I think it is used to
change the element orientation?
selecting it in the view list. In this case, the View value should be -1.

It should be noted that transformation through Tools->Plugins->Transform is
based on the last transformation operation. Suppose I have two views 0 and
1, both at the same position (0,0,0). I have done one translation by (Tx=1,
Ty=0, Tz=0), and now the transformed view 0 is at the position (1,0,0). Then
select another view 1 and do the same translation. The new position of view
1 should be (2,0,0), not (1,0,0).
Another way of transformation is in Tools->Options->View[]->Transfo. In this
way, the (Tx,Ty,Tz) is absolute, and the new position of view 1 should be
(1,0,0).

I'm not sure if I've said it clear.