[Gmsh] surface mesh (.stp to .stl)

Timo Kulju timo.kulju at oulu.fi
Fri Oct 14 09:21:02 CEST 2011

Hi!
I'm having a geometry in .stp format, for which I would like to create a
surface mesh in .stl-format. My geometry consists of intersecting pipes
with diameters 0.1 m and 0.01 m. The bigger pipes I can mesh quite
nicely, but the smaller pipes gives me the headache.

So how can I define e.g. a smaller charasteristic length on different
surfaces or is there other means, for which the mesh would 'neatly'
aling on the surface? I've tried to read the manual and examples, but
haven't quite figured it out yet...

--

Kindest Regards,

Timo Kulju
Mass and Heat Transfer Process Laboratory
P.O.Box 4300
FI-90014 University of Oulu
Tel: +358 8 553 2362