[Gmsh] overlapping lines between two surfaces

Javier Muñoz josejmcriollo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 00:55:33 CEST 2011

Hi

I'm trying to extrude two lines:

lc = 0.01;
p1 = newp; Point (p1) = {0,0,0,lc};
p2 = newp; Point (p2) = {0.5,0,0,lc};
p3 = newp; Point (p3) = {1.0,0,0,lc};

l1 = newl; Line (l1) = {p1,p2};
l2 = newl; Line (l2) = {p2,p3};

p1 -------------- p2 ---------------p3

Extrusion height is 1 for line 1 (with 1 layer). Line two has a height
of z = 0.5 (with 1 layer) and then I want to extrude the 'top' face
generated to a height of z = 1 (also with 1 layer).

out1[] = Extrude {0,1,0} {
		Line {1};
		Layers {{1},{1}};
		Recombine;
		};
out2[] = Extrude {0,0.5,0} {
		Line {2};
		Layers {{1},{1}};
		Recombine;
		};
out3[] = Extrude {0,0.5,0} {
		Line {out2[0]};
		Layers {{1},{1}};
		Recombine;
		};
Coherence;

|---------------||--------------|
|		||		|
|		||		|
|		||		|
|		||		|
|		||		|
|		||		|
|		||--------------|
|		||		|
|		||		|
|		||		|
|		||		|
|		||		|
|		||		|
p1 ------------ p2 ------------ p3

The problem is: I have lines overlapping in the interface of surface
out1. The line on the right side of out1 overlaps with the lines on the
left side of out2 and out3. Is there anyway to avoid this? As you can
see I already try to use Coherence (maybe in the wrong way?).

I want to import the mesh generated into deal.ii but as long as I have
overlapping lines, deal.ii appears to recognize the interfaces as
boundaries.

I appreciate your help.

Regards
Javier Munoz