[Gmsh] Using the interactive.cpp console and "gmsh -listen"

Jaime A V jaiarvil at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:13:10 CET 2011

Hello all,

I've compiled the interactive.cpp program in order to get the console and
connect through the socket to gmsh in -listen mode.
I connect, and gmsh receives my commands, but all of them says "syntax
error". I just want to load a msh file, geo file etc,

I typically did something like this when launching gmsh:

*gmsh.exe "C:/xxxxx/file_to_open.msh"*

However now, I've got my gmsh open in listen mode but I do not know how to
load this .msh. How the commands must be written?

*interactive.exe localhost:44122*
*gmsh>*
*gmsh> "C:/xxxxx/test.msh"*
*This says in the gmsh console: syntax error.*

This seems to be a missunderstanding issue of how to pass the command
arguments...if you could help me, I would be very greeted.

Thanks in advance