[Gmsh] Problems with Gmsh in openSUSE 12.1

Matthias mat215 at gmx.de
Tue Feb 21 20:45:56 CET 2012

>jean pierre aubry <jeanpierre at ...> writes:
>

> hello
>
> this just means you have to install fltk library
> which is mandatory for Gmsh
> it is on the openSuSE repository
> in the old days it used to be in the cdrom
> il also suggest you rather use the Gmsh official site to download Gmsh
>
> jean pierre aubry
>
>> Hi all.
>> I'm using OpenSuse 12.1 on an Acer 64 bit. Download Gmsh official
>> repository
>> (http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=gmsh&baseproject=openSUSE%
>> 3A12.1 & lang = en & exclude_debug = true) and can not get work. When
>> trying to install it always appears the phrase:  There is nothing that
>> provides libfltk.so.1.1 and need gmsh-2.5.0-2.29.x86_64. I can help
>> solve the problem because I use Gmsh on Windows without problems and
>> would leave out the OS. Thanks for the time and effort.
>> Raul.

Hello all,
I have the same problem as Raul. That means I'm using openSUSE 12.1 and wanted
to install gmsh-2.5.0-2.29.x86_64. Before installation I get the same error as
Raul. The newest fltk library is already installed, but I think that is the
problem, because there is only a library called libfltk.so.1.3 and not
libfltk.so.1.1..
Is it possible that gmsh uses an older version of the fltk library? How can I
change this, so that I can run gmsh?
Thx in advance for your help
Matthias