[Gmsh] setting text editor

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Sun Mar 11 22:55:26 CET 2012

2012/3/11 michele cavalerin <m.cavallerin at yahoo.it>:
> Good morning to all,
>
> I would like to know hot to set the text editor path in Linux, inside the
> geometry output menu.
> I mean that on windows system I copy/paste the .exe path of the text editor
> i use and every time i click on "edit" it opens the text ediutor with the
> .geo file. How should i do this in Linux, I'm not experienced with this OS,
> so i need help.

Via the GUI, click Tools/Options/General/Advanced and then in the
field marked "Text edit command" you'll find the default
"sensible-editor '%s' &".  Replace "sensible-editor" with the command
of your choice.  Leave the "'%s'" and ampersand; they're to receive
the filename and run in the background, respectively.

Via the options file, you can set the General.TextEditor variable
<http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#index-General_002eTextEditor-437>.