[Gmsh] Not getting a volume mesh

Wayne Christopher wayne at 4raccoons.com
Fri Mar 23 18:41:48 CET 2012

I'm trying to mesh a volume defined by surfaces that are defined by
tessellations.  I don't want the mesh to be based on the surface
triangles - those are purely geometry and in most cases finer than the
volume mesh that I want.

When I run gmsh like this:

gmsh try1.geo -3 -format msh -saveall -smooth 3 -o try1-out.gmsh

(files attached) I do not get any tetras in the output, and it appears
that the output mesh is a refinement of the input mesh.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks,

     Wayne