[Gmsh] Not getting a volume mesh

Ruth V. Sabariego r.sabariego at ulg.ac.be
Sun Mar 25 09:05:03 CEST 2012

Hi Wayne,
For that you have to reclasify the elements of your geometry and create the volume with the new surfaces.

Try this:
**********************
Mesh.RemeshAlgorithm=1; //(0) nosplit (1) automatic (2) split only with metis

Merge "try1-geom.gmsh";
RefineMesh;
CreateTopology;

ll[] = Line "*";
For j In {0 : #ll[]-1}
  Compound Line(newl) = ll[j];
EndFor

ss[] = Surface "*";
For j In {0 : #ss[]-1}
  ssn[] += news ;
  Compound Surface(news) = ss[j];
EndFor

Surface Loop(10) = { ssn[] };
Volume(11) = {10};

Physical Volume("Cylinder.2") = {11};

Regards,
Ruth

--
Dr. Ir. Ruth V. Sabariego
University of Liege, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science,