[Gmsh] Gmsh information

Bastien Gorissen bastien.gorissen at cenaero.be
Wed Apr 4 09:45:47 CEST 2012

Dear Vanessa,

I am also a PhD students, from Belgium, and I am one of the developpers
behind the high-order mesh functionality of Gmsh.

There is currently still a lot of work going into that, so the changes
are fairly frequent. But currently, for simple geometries, it should be
suitable, especially if you use tetrahedral meshes.

For hybrid meshes, you should be able to create second order meshes as
of now, but support for higher orders need to be implemented for
pyramids and prisms.

I do not know any applications in your specific field, as we do mostly
turbomachinery and external aerodynamics computations, though.

If you need more information, feel free to ask!

Regards,
-Bastien Gorissen

____________________________________
Bastien Gorissen