[Gmsh] Mesh size control with frontal algo

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Sun Apr 8 17:43:45 CEST 2012

Hello,

  the gmsh reference manual says that only the Delaunay algo supports
the Field mechanism for specifying element sizes. I would like to use
frontal algorithm of Netgen to mesh the volume of my geometry, but I
need to control the mesh size. Is there a way to do that? If not,
could you suggest:

1) How to implement mesh size control with frontal algorithm
2) Another open source mesh generator which can mesh a volume without
modifying (already existing) surface mesh? This is actually the reason
why I want to avoid the 3d Delaunay algorithm.

Best regards,

   Martin Vymazal