[Gmsh] curved elements import/export support

Emna Hassani hassani at fdy.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed May 16 10:59:55 CEST 2012

Hallo,

I am using Gmsh to create a mesh with curved Elements and I really like to
thank you for developing this free software with such user-friendly-GUI.

I need to export the mesh in a format that support curved elements (I will
use this mesh in my c# code). I know that cgns format support that, but only
till the 2nd order(e.g. tria6, tetra10).

I have problems exporting a mesh from Gmsh (2.5.0, windows) in cgns format,
because somehow Gmsh can´t find the cgns libraries to have support for
exporting this format.

I am also planning on implementing an import feature for msh format in my c#
code to have the possibility to deal with curved elements of order greater
than 2. Till now I used a parallel cgns Api which is built on top of
parallel hdf5. I don´t really know if it´s possible to have an anlog scheme
for Gmsh API. It will be great, if you can help me regarding these issues.

Thank in advance for any suggestions!

Best Regards,

Emna.

| Dipl.–Ing. Emna Hassani |

| |

| University of Darmstadt |

| Institut of Fluid Dynamics |

| L1|01 322 |

| Petersenstr. 30, D-64287 Darmstadt, Germany |

| |

| Phone : ++49 (0)6151 16-70960 |