[Gmsh] export to step and brep fails - "No OpenCASCADE model found" - ubuntu 12.04

Rasmus Lundsgaard rld at teknologisk.dk
Fri Jun 22 09:20:19 CEST 2012

Hi All.

I have the same issue (on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit). I have also tried with:

1. Linux binary from the homepage (together with opencascade-oce from
ubuntu reporsitory)
2. Compiling latest gmsh against opencascade from ubuntu reporsitory
3. Compiling latest gmsh against compiled opencascade-oce

All giving the same result (when I managed to make cmake find all the
needed libraries).

I have also tried to run gmsh with -v 99 (debug), but it gives no
aditional information :(

Is there any other way of converting .geo to a .brep/.step file?

Regards
Rasmus

[Gmsh] export to step and brep fails - "No OpenCASCADE model found" -
ubuntu 12.04

newsboost
Mon, 11 Jun 2012 07:33:02 -0700

Hi all

I'm trying to export to step and brep file format, but it fails:

"No OpenCASCADE model found"

I'm on ubuntu 12.04 - I've installed quite some OpenCASCADE-packages
(however, not developer packages, do I need that?). I usually install
things with synaptic (ubuntu package handling system), can I fix this
problem with synaptic?

There's something called opencascade-draw and then there's oce-draw -
currently I have the former installed as trying to install the latter
will remove the first package. Also, I don't have lib* (openCASCADE)-stuff.

I would really appreciate if anyone in here, running ubuntu 12.04 can
tell me how to export in the easiest way...

Thanks!