[Gmsh] Problem creating mesh

Cian Wilson cwilson at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Jun 25 21:03:02 CEST 2012

Dear Penny,

gmsh2triangle is a script that comes with fluidity so I'm cc'ing the
fludiity e-mail list on this reply.

In this case gmsh2triangle is failing because of a problem in your .geo
file (so it's not really a problem with gmsh2triangle or fluidity).  You
should replace:

Physical Surface(20) = {13,14,15};

with:

Physical Surface(20) = {16,17,18};

as the ids in the expression-list on the lhs should be to the elementary
surfaces not the line loops (see
http://www.manpagez.com/info/gmsh/gmsh-2.4.0/gmsh_34.php).

I also believe your:

Line Loop(19) = {1,2,3,-12,8,9,10,6,-11,5};

is superfluous.  Removing it and making the changes above both gmsh and
gmsh2triangle work for me locally.

Hope this helps,
Cian

--