[Gmsh] STLRemeshing

victor bonhomme victor.bonhomme at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 14:03:20 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I have a 8cubes.stl <http://share.vbonhomme.fr/gmsh/8cubes.stl> and the
STLremesh.geo <http://share.vbonhomme.fr/gmsh/STLremesh.geo> tool. I try to
improve the surface meshing quality by applying :
*
*
*#gmsh STLremesh.geo -2*
*
*
It launches the *STLRemshing* script as defined in the Gmsh
wiki<https://geuz.org/trac/gmsh/wiki/STLRemeshing>.
 In order to get it working it needs "*genus zero with at least one boundray
*" which is not the case because my 8cubes.stl is a compound of closed
surfaces...

To regain a genus 0, *STLRemshing* process an automatic "*Split with metis"
*(correct me if i'm wrong)* *however it still doesn't work !

Does anybody have a way to get the STLremeshing tool working with my
8cubes.stl ? I would be grateful !

Victor.

ps : The final target is to remesh this
polycristal.stl<http://share.vbonhomme.fr/polycristal.stl> using
STLremesh.geo for my end of studies project...